Spokentext is a free online service where users can log in to have text files converted to audio. The site can convert PDF, Word, plain text, PowerPoint files, ,RSS news feeds, emails and web pages, and converts them to speech automatically. You can download your recording as an iPod book or mp3 file. The service is a joint venture with Carleton University.

A Firefox extension has now been developed but the Spokentext team need help. Hopefuly someone in this Ning group can help. I have pasted their request below.......

If you are a Firefox extension developer or would like to learn more about it and have the time to help me out. I would greatly appreciate it.
I created the extension to learn about extension development and to offer another way to interact with SpokenText. But I just don’t have the time to work more on it. And I have some great ideas of how we can make it even better. And simpler.
Anyone interested in helping out send me an email and we can go from there. You will get credit within the extension for the work you do on it and on the soon to be launched SpokenText credits page.

Thanks

Mark

info@spokentext.net

Tags: Firefox, extension, text_to_audio

Views: 94

Reply to This

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service