It's weird when you finally meet another 2.0 educator. Since most of us spend our time defending and converting...it's strange to be able to talk about the next level with 2.0ers. I've spent so much energy as a change agent.

What is the next step?
What will NECC be like next year?
And...what other conferences/associations should we join?

Views: 43

Attachments:

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

What is really going to be interesting is Web 3.0. It seems it is already being talked about.
Ben
Great link, thanks! I'm pleased to see that people are being critical of the buzz when I'm still talking with bright educators who've never heard of Web 2.0, let alone even a fraction of the tools! :( Seriously. In this day and age...

And they give half-hearted interest when I invite them to 2.0 (maybe it's my approach).
If the growth and interest in Open Source and Web 2.0 continues to grow - NECC will be unbelievable next year. I am so impressed with the attendance in the sessions and the great ideas coming from the classroom teachers. I am beginning to feel like the train is finally out of the station and we are in for quite a ride.
I heard an interesting perspective this past week at the Blackboard World 07 conference in Boston. Guy kawasaki asked why we still use the term "elearning" since learning inherently involves the web these days. That concept would certainly ruffle old school feathers!
Britt

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service