I want to use a Flip video camera to take videos of my track team for teaching purposes. We take the videos at practice and throw them in a shared drive at school. Then kids can view during study or during a video review practice.

Flip requires the codec on the machine or in the host computer in order to view the movies. Anyone know how to view the videos on a shared drive as we can with any other camera?

Tags: Flip

Views: 41

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

i'd like to know too--I had a teacher just today use a flip camera to make a cute commercial for a club fund raiser, very simplistic in its creation, but it is an avi file and other than using ZamZar to convert it to wmv so we could play it on our news broadcast tomorrow, I didn't know what to do. It pixelates occasionally in the 30 second spot, but otherwise is useable.
You can't share videos with any other camera without encoding them because it would still be tape!

With the flips you need the codec as mentioned. If it isn't installed I'd recommend just running the file through Windows Movie Maker and exporting as WMV. Then it should play on anything.
thanks--thats about the simplist solution ive heard without the software. its not my camera and it was sent to me as an attachment. Getting right on it!
Thanks for the ideas. I could run it through Moviemaker, but these are dozens of clips at a time. I was hoping there was an easier way. All the cameras we have now play just fine. I just hook up the USB and I'm done.

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service