I've created a few different voicethread projects with students, but I want to know the optimum photo size for this purpose? It seems you need 400 pixel photos for blogs and wikis and another size for Slideshare. I am using Irfanview to resize images, but I need several different sizes of the same photo to be suitable for different purposes. A few pictures I have tried to upload have taken forever (well, a really long time).

Tags: Voicethread, images, photos

Views: 185

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hi Britt,
I looked on the 'Help' section of voicethread: http://www.voicethread.com and saw this response regarding file size. I hope it is useful to you.

What types of files can I use?

Currently, we accept image types: JPEG, GIF, BMP, PNG, doc types: PPT, PPS, PDF, DOC, XLS and varying video formats. Since VoiceThreads can zoom in and out on images and documents for detail, we recommend your images be at least 1280x960 (which a 2mp or higher camera can produce).
Thanks Lorraine,
I'm just as bad as my students at jumping in without reading the instructions thoroughly!
Regards, Britt.

RSS

A Learning Revolution Project

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

The Fifth Year Anniversary Book Project!

We want you to write a chapter!

Click here!

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2018   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service