I'm trying to use a Logitech USB headset to record in Audacity on a MacBook but I can't get the program to recognize the microphone input. After as much creative problemsolving and web faq checking as I can bear I wonder: Has anyone else encountered and solved this problem? Thanks!

Tags: podcasting

Views: 6136

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Not sure if you have the same set up but I use a usb adapter for my head/mic on my pc. I got Audacity to hear me by going Edit --> Preferences . Then on Playback and Recording device windows I chose USB Phone. You might need to save these settings, close and relaunch the program for it to take effect. Seemed to work for me.

Hope this helps.
I sometimes have to go to the control panal, click on sound and audio device then click the audio tab and choose Logitech from the drop down menus. Odd thing for me is the computer used to recognize it when I plugged it in. Hope this helps.
I have the same issue. Need to go to the control panel each time I use- apain!
I have encountered the face that the mic in my logitech usb headset will not talk to my mac. after a long headache, i just gave up and used the mic in the mac speakers
Actually on a MacBook with the Logitech USB headset you have to open Audacity Preferences>Devices and select "USB Logitech" for "Playback Device" and "Recording Device"...see screenshot:

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service