All Discussions Tagged 'wikis' (64)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Websites vs. Wikis vs. Blogs vs. Ning

I am just getting started in my teaching career, and am curious to know which of these has the most practical use in the classroom, or in e…

Started by Joe B.

4 Feb 13, 2010
Reply by Ann

Wikis and the Writing Process

I have been mulling ideas about the writing process and the impact of computers and technology for some time. Now that I am working with my…

Started by Steve O'Connor

21 Jan 4, 2010
Reply by Christina Spiezio

What's the Best Platform to Showcase Student Work?

I am having a "virtual open house" for my students to showcase their work online. They are choosing several pieces of work to share, includ…

Started by Donelle

71 Dec 7, 2009
Reply by Wendy

Using wikis in the ESL/EFL classroom

How do you use wikis in your ESL/EFL classroom? Please post your past experiences and future ideas.

Started by Carol E. Kubota

9 Nov 30, 2009
Reply by Carol E. Kubota

Best Wiki tool for users without email addresses

I'm guessing this has been discussed before, but I couldn't find the answer. Which wiki tool should I use if my students don't have individ…

Started by Marie Swift

9 Nov 16, 2009
Reply by SpEdTeach2

Difference between a wiki and a blog

I am new to all of this and would like to know the difference between a wiki and a blog. Which do you think is more useful in a school/clas…

Started by Betsy Irwin

3 Nov 4, 2009
Reply by Marilyn Williams

Wikispaces - So Far, So Good...So Far

I am just learning wikispaces this year in my computer lab. I successfully created wikispaces for each grade-level team, for each grade lev…

Started by JoNelle

86 Oct 26, 2009
Reply by James Dykstra

Assigning Accounts and Passwords

Last year I took my first steps into creating wikis with my students. I created one for a computer class and one for a math class. I made u…

Started by Ann

15 Oct 15, 2009
Reply by Heather Hassinger

Looking for Online Book Club Participants

Trying to start an "online book club" for 4th-6th grade classes. This would be centered around books read aloud to the entire class 2-3 tim…

Started by Ben Curran

1 Oct 2, 2009
Reply by Abaca Sim

What tool is best for publishing notes/announcements/assignments for students and their parents?

Is a class Wiki the easiest tool to publish class updates, list assignments, post handouts and presentations? Flu season is gearing up and…

Started by Martha Lipold

4 Aug 27, 2009
Reply by Anthony VonBank

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service