All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

How to coax administrators and parents who challenge blogs?

I am looking for ideas -- research, anecdotes, and advice -- about how to coax my district into allowing me to set up a classroom blog. If…

Started by Donna Hebert

19 Dec 18, 2008
Reply by Derek Baird

Another Award for Adina's Deck

Adina's Deck, The Pilot Episode, received more winning recognition. Last year it won "Best Student Film" at the International Family Film F…

Started by Tony Varni

0 Oct 23, 2008

Internet Safety and Gaming Meeting with NYC Mayor's Office

Hello Classroom 2.0 Community, I just learned that I have a meeting with the Mayor's Office of Criminal Justice tomorrow to collaborate on…

Started by Lisa Nielsen

12 Sep 29, 2008
Reply by Tom Welch

Golden Rule for Registering kids for websites?

I plan on using flickr, delicious, and a couple other web tools for my middle schoolers. What's the golden rule on usernames and student in…

Started by Daniel Rezac

9 Sep 13, 2008
Reply by Nancy Bosch

What do you do to convince the parents?

The media works hard on sensationalizing the pitfalls for students using the internet and naturally many parents shut down and keep their c…

Started by Lorna Costantini

11 Jun 11, 2008
Reply by Gerald Ardito

Empowering Children - Where to draw the line?

Varni posted this thought-provoking parenting question on educatorslog.in that applies to many of us who are parents and teachers here. Sh…

Started by Shuchi Grover

0 Apr 16, 2008

What we won't do

Cross-post from my blog: We won't tell you that kids who become victims of online predators are usually engaging in risky online behaviors…

Started by Jeremy Aldrich

7 Dec 6, 2007
Reply by Connie Weber

Call for participants in Internet Safety Collaborative Project

http://protecht.wikispaces.com/ Purpose: Clearly, technology is drastically transforming our lives. With all of the good that technology…

Started by Scott Meech

0 Dec 3, 2007

security alert; safety issues. Check this out.

Hi All, Here is a note I got today. It's news to me, although I've been informed that the feature has been around a while. It's potentiall…

Started by Connie Weber

2 Oct 30, 2007
Reply by Matt Montagne

CIPA vs. COPA

Yesterday a group of teachers from my school district had a very interesting conversation with our Instructional Technology director. We we…

Started by Elise Mueller

7 Oct 29, 2007
Reply by Kelley Irish

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service