All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Introducing Internet safety in all classes

I am interested in hearing more about how people have introduced safe internet use to their students. There is a lot of talk, here at my sc…

Started by John Franke

7 Apr 27, 2009
Reply by Bernadette Roche

Corporal Punishment Right for 21st Century Schools?

There is some heated debate right now on DetentionSlip.org about whether or not teachers and educators should still be paddling students as…

Started by Hall Monitor

22 Apr 6, 2009
Reply by Anne Pemberton

Classroom 2.0 @ Ning blocked @ my school

Actually we are a small school, so we share resources with other schools around us and we are probably blocked there as well. I know it wor…

Started by Christopher Potter

20 Feb 24, 2009
Reply by Tina

Advocates for Digital Citizenship, Safety, and Success

Come join us! For more information, here's what our wiki states: "We are educators who wish to work with others to create information tha…

Started by kolson

5 Feb 11, 2009
Reply by digiduchess

BLOCKED!

I completely understand the reasons why internet filters are in place in schools, I do. However, I feel as if our district blocks WAY too m…

Started by Stu

2 Feb 5, 2009
Reply by Martha

Any good "safe" web 2.0 products? (Saywire, RM Honeycomb, OpenClassroom)

I was at FETC last week and saw a few products that are advertised as "safe" web 2.0 environments. Basically all the activity is limited to…

Started by Hedrick Ellis

0 Jan 28, 2009

Internet Safety

Looking for outstanding resources dealing with Internet safety for k-8 students. Presos, sites, info, ideas, whatever you've used or would…

Started by Erik Johnson

27 Jan 19, 2009
Reply by Harriet

What aspects are most important when teaching youths about Internet safety?

I think we need to be pro-active and teach kids how everything works and why rather than tell them what not to do. What do you think? ...

Started by Kiwi Commons

5 Jan 11, 2009
Reply by Colette Cassinelli

NetOp a good option for teaching and security improvements in the classroom?

Some of you may have heard of NetOp as a new solution to security problems and teaching obstacles in the school/classroom. Has anyone tried…

Started by Studica Skills

7 Jan 5, 2009
Reply by Mark R

What does privacy mean to students of the Net Generation?

I have been doing some reading online and have wondered what the definition of privacy is for students who have always grown up with access…

Started by leewin

1 Dec 31, 2008
Reply by leewin

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service