All Discussions Tagged 'safety' (41)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Internet Safety - Kids versus Teachers

After watching a youth safety presentation at a middle school yesterday (more info at www.kiwiseminars.com), it was clear that teachers and…

Started by Kiwi Commons

38 Mar 27, 2015
Reply by galal abdul aziz elbehwashy

Funding opp/CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition

************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY, APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTINGS*********** CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/M…

Started by mdailey

0 Jul 17, 2014

Safe Image Searching for Vocabulary Words

An activity that I'd like my elementary students doing is searching for pictures that go with our vocabulary words. This is great for ELL's…

Started by Da-Ib

10 Feb 10, 2013
Reply by Thomas E. Bieri

Social Learning Theory, DigitalCitizenship & ICT Integration Married Through Project Based Learning

This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded HERE. Please give this a read and help me get published. It has been a wonderful opp…

Started by Sean Thompson

0 Sep 10, 2012

CyberHate in Schools

Cyber Bullying and cyberhate have become growing problems in many schools with many students turning to the Internet to send hateful an har…

Started by Kiwi Commons

7 May 15, 2012
Reply by Dan Teskey

Paper Blogging Practice

This really is a 2.0 exercise, although it takes place on paper! Students get the ideas that they should have an online persona that is pos…

Started by Sue R.

12 Mar 29, 2012
Reply by Dana Cherrie

Readings about "digital citizenship"

I am compiling two annotated reading lists for young adults on the following themes: digital citizenship and career and identity exploratio…

Started by Jennifer Koch Lubke

1 Nov 16, 2010
Reply by Melanie Nuffer

Internet Parental Control Blocks the Word 'Gay' - Is this Justifiable?

Many parents and educators turn to internet controls to ensure their kids don't run into any harmful or inappropriate content. However, one…

Started by Kiwi Commons

6 May 28, 2010
Reply by Nellie Makarova-Cross

YouTube's Safety Controls - Are they Useful in a Classroom?

For the teachers out there that use YouTube in the classroom, you might want to check out their new safety features. YouTube's new safety m…

Started by Kiwi Commons

1 May 7, 2010
Reply by meL

Children and Young People's online safety.. can parent's protect them?

I am currently writing a dissertation about children and teen's online safety and I am interested to know what people's views are on the ex…

Started by Hollie Wainwright

3 Apr 8, 2010
Reply by Kiwi Commons

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service