All Discussions Tagged 'poetry' (13)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Black Poetry

It is important that students understand other cultures so they can relate to others positively. I feel that poetry is a viable resource in…

Started by angela khristin brown

0 Nov 10, 2012

Structured Poem

Literature, level: Advanced Posted Thu Dec 17 14:58:35 PST 2009 by Angela Khristin Brown (Angela Khristin Brown). urban poetry movementColl…

Started by angela khristin brown

0 Sep 18, 2012

Using VoiceThreads to Teach College Literature Courses

Your Name and Title: Vicki Phillips   School, Library, or Organization Name: Rasmussen College   Co-Presenter Name(s):   Area of the World…

Started by Vicki Phillips

2 Apr 4, 2012
Reply by Vicki Phillips

Celebrate Poetry Day w/ Skype 4/29/2011

Our high school is hosting an open mic poetry day in the Library on Friday, April 29th 8-2:30pm PDT. We would love to have various classroo…

Started by Colette Cassinelli

1 Apr 22, 2011
Reply by Colette Cassinelli

One Billion Poets -- new teen poetry site for global collaboration

I live in LA and teach at the Brentwood School. I teach English and Global Studies. I wanted to let you know I launched a social networking…

Started by Alexander Trivas

0 Mar 14, 2011

Skype Poetry Slam

I am interested in hosting a Poetry Slam on Skype.  I teach in an urban school district, and I will be teaching poetry through hip-hop as a…

Started by Michele Lattanzio

7 Mar 7, 2011
Reply by Ashley Culverhouse

new worldwide social networking site: teens/poetry

Hi, I just launched a new social networking site for teens all over the world to share, discuss, and reflect their poetry about the teenage…

Started by Alexander Trivas

0 Mar 6, 2011

Another Idea for Writing Teachers

I stumbled upon another website that gave me an idea for my middle school English class - Newspaper Blackout Poems Basically, the blog wri…

Started by Chris

1 Jul 27, 2009
Reply by Song

Creating Poetry and Music

I am teaching a poetry unit to my seventh graders and to keep them engaged and interested we are using song lyrics as poems and identifying…

Started by Doug Walker

3 Mar 3, 2009
Reply by Peggy Sheehy

Praising the Other: Send us Voki Poems in all the languages of the world !

School Beyond the Walls is preparing a cultural event around "Sharing Poetry". We propose you send us video-poems or voki-poems or text-poe…

Started by Vincent Mespoulet

3 Feb 21, 2008
Reply by Vincent Mespoulet

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service