All Discussions Tagged 'math' (102)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Your Math Software Recommendations

Hello All, We are looking for software that will help our students to improve their math. Many of our students need help in this area. Sc…

Started by Norman G

16 Mar 20, 2010
Reply by Gregory Louie

Need creative, out-of-the-box, zany ideas on teaching a unit on SURVIVAL to Intermediate ELLs:)

I am about to launch a unit on survival with my high school intermediates (kids who "sound" fluent, but struggle with reading and writing).…

Started by Denise Stewart

9 Mar 17, 2010
Reply by John Altieri

Web 2.0 and Math

Can anyone give me ideas on how to integrate 2.0 apps in to the math classroom. I have some initial things, but am always looking for more.

Started by Troy Seyfert

18 Mar 8, 2010
Reply by Troy Seyfert

Livescribe - Anyone using it? Any math teachers?

I was introduced to the Livescribe pen at the end of this school year. It's an amazing tool - especially for math teachers because it doesn…

Started by Kerin Ho Mayne

17 Mar 4, 2010
Reply by Dale Ehrhart

New website for teaching math with Google Earth

I would like to announce the launching of a new online resource for math teachers. Real World Math – Using Google Earth in the Math Curricu…

Started by Thomas Petra

19 Mar 3, 2010
Reply by Denise Stewart

Math in the Real World-When Am I Ever Going to Use This?

Do you have any resources that would help answer this question?  "WHEN AM I EVER GOING TO USE THIS?" I am looking for real world examples o…

Started by Michelle Nebel

4 Feb 22, 2010
Reply by Darcie Priester

4th Grade Census Survey

A 4th Grade teacher forwarded this to me, if anyone has students aged 7-15 see if they can fill it out, I'll see if she'll share results ht…

Started by Brian Licata

0 Feb 1, 2010

Doing the Math

I'm hosting a week long, free, online event for math teachers and other interested educators. This will follow Steve H's "unconference" mo…

Started by suehellman

2 Jan 25, 2010
Reply by suehellman

envision vs saxon

I was curious if anyone use envision math or saxon math. My school district is looking at these two programs to purchase for next year. I h…

Started by Amy Moravec

6 Jan 9, 2010
Reply by Jim Hoffman

Writing Word/Story Problems

I am working on a webpage that will provide a 1-2 page "lesson" on each of the arithmetic operations: Add, subtract, multiply, divide. The…

Started by Anne Pemberton

4 Dec 14, 2009
Reply by Anne Pemberton

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service