All Discussions Tagged 'literacy' (39)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Reading Teachers: Book Wink has heard your students’ cries for help

Yes, yes, you already know that March is National Reading Month, a time when your students “fall in love with reading all over again.” Righ…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Fostering student-initiated learning with literacy work stations

Imagine a classroom where the teacher works closely with five students at the guided reading table. Meanwhile, 20 of their peers are on tas…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Feb 5, 2013

Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com

"This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded at Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com."   Students record themselves reciting a poem…

Started by mandy nelson

9 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by mandy nelson

Interactive Storytelling for Literacy Skills

This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded at http://www.scribd.com/doc/103664483/Elisa-Gopin-Interactive-Storytelling Literac…

Started by Elisa Gopin

0 Aug 29, 2012

Reading and Writing Web 2.0 Texts

Web 2.0 texts are dramatically changing the literacy landscape, incorporating a variety of media, involving high levels of connectivity and…

Started by Marielle Palombo

0 Jul 13, 2012

Help Contribute to my Transmedia Literacy Capstone!

Hi, everyone! I am a capstone project away from graduating in a few weeks. My topic: transmedia literacy and storytelling in K-12 classroom…

Started by Charmaine Ng

0 May 15, 2012

Literacy programs for low level learners

I'm looking for a literacy program to use with our low level (high school) learners. A teacher recommended Words Their Way which seems like…

Started by Marie

0 Apr 30, 2012

Are you interested in supporting or replicating a program that was successful at teaching children about money?

Our children's book series "Finance for Kidz"  has recently been adopted at one of the top 6 %  school districts in the nation. Last Decemb…

Started by Prakash Dheeriya, PhD

0 Jan 20, 2011

Struggling writers / readers: Anyone used WordQ and SpeakQ?

Have been quite impressed with this software which allows people to 1)  read out loud any electronic text they can highlight - eg email, we…

Started by Tricia Lockhart

1 Jan 3, 2011
Reply by Neil MacGregor

E books in the classroom - yes or no

Many people in and outside of education have wrestled with ebooks and whether or not they should be in the classroom. Some feel that studen…

Started by Katherine Burdick

17 Oct 31, 2010
Reply by Bill Martin

RSS

Study - Help Wanted!

Click HERE to help.

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Guide to Online Ed. Degrees

The Fifth Year Anniversary Book Project!

We want you to write a chapter!

Click here!

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2014   Created by Carl Ng.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service