All Discussions Tagged 'literacy' (38)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Using Technology to Provide Enrichment Opportunities

I am a first grade teacher and in my class I have many students who are advanced readers. Does anyone know of any programs or websites that…

Started by Rachel Lee

3 Nov 4, 2015
Reply by Rubria B.

Funding opp/CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/MacArthur Foundation Digital Media and Learning Competition

************PLEASE DISTRIBUTE WIDELY, APOLOGIES FOR CROSS-POSTINGS*********** CFP: Announcing the Trust Challenge, the fifth HASTAC/M…

Started by mdailey

0 Jul 17, 2014

Reading Teachers: Book Wink has heard your students’ cries for help

Yes, yes, you already know that March is National Reading Month, a time when your students “fall in love with reading all over again.” Righ…

Started by Karen Cameron

2 Mar 1, 2013
Reply by Karen Cameron

Fostering student-initiated learning with literacy work stations

Imagine a classroom where the teacher works closely with five students at the guided reading table. Meanwhile, 20 of their peers are on tas…

Started by Karen Cameron

0 Feb 5, 2013

Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com

"This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded at Practicing Fluency Using Voki.com."   Students record themselves reciting a poem…

Started by mandy nelson

9 Sep 14, 2012
Reply by mandy nelson

Interactive Storytelling for Literacy Skills

This Classroom 2.0: The Book chapter can be downloaded at http://www.scribd.com/doc/103664483/Elisa-Gopin-Interactive-Storytelling Literac…

Started by Elisa Gopin

0 Aug 29, 2012

Reading and Writing Web 2.0 Texts

Web 2.0 texts are dramatically changing the literacy landscape, incorporating a variety of media, involving high levels of connectivity and…

Started by Marielle Palombo

0 Jul 13, 2012

Help Contribute to my Transmedia Literacy Capstone!

Hi, everyone! I am a capstone project away from graduating in a few weeks. My topic: transmedia literacy and storytelling in K-12 classroom…

Started by Charmaine Ng

0 May 15, 2012

Literacy programs for low level learners

I'm looking for a literacy program to use with our low level (high school) learners. A teacher recommended Words Their Way which seems like…

Started by Marie

0 Apr 30, 2012

Are you interested in supporting or replicating a program that was successful at teaching children about money?

Our children's book series "Finance for Kidz"  has recently been adopted at one of the top 6 %  school districts in the nation. Last Decemb…

Started by Prakash Dheeriya, PhD

0 Jan 20, 2011

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service