All Discussions Tagged 'grading' (11)

Discussions Replies Latest Activity

Need Mac Help for e-Grading

Colleagues,   At the start of summer I released a simple download of 438 essay e-comments for teachers to use to improve essay response and…

Started by Mark Pennington

0 Jul 31, 2011

Essay e-Comments

Thought I'd share a five point rationale for having students submit essays online and a terrific resource I developed that has helped me sa…

Started by Mark Pennington

2 Jun 4, 2011
Reply by Mark Pennington

Ideas for School-Wide Writing Assessment Practice

Our high school is experimenting with bringing back the idea of having school-wide assessment practice for writing in order to encourage th…

Started by Stacey Wielfaert

5 Nov 11, 2010
Reply by Joel Ballantyne

How do you grade a project that involves the use of technology?

How would a Language Arts teacher grade a project that involves the use of technology?  Will the emphasis on the grading be more on the con…

Started by Lauriene Tschang

9 Jul 20, 2010
Reply by Sameer Mehta

Grading on Google Docs

Does anyone know of any good time savers for grading work on shared google documents? Ideally, we're looking to utilize voice comments. T…

Started by Emily Brunell

1 Apr 2, 2010
Reply by Alice Keeler

Throw away your grade book: Indiana U Professor turns grading into a game

Just heard about this.  I'm sure it will make the rounds over the next month: We couldn't make this stuff up if we tried: Lee Sheldon, a te…

Started by Nathan Ketsdever

3 Mar 30, 2010
Reply by Lin DiRenzo

Case Against the Zero: Fair or Not?

About a month ago I got into a lively discussion on Twitter about The Case Against the Zero. Apparently some schools do not believe it is a…

Started by Beth Still

4 Dec 6, 2009
Reply by Jack Raines

Grading Web-Based Assessments

The possibilities to engage and challenge kids here is amazing! But - the age-old question must be answered: how do we assess our students?…

Started by Steve Guditus

35 Oct 1, 2009
Reply by Mary Hricko

Standards-based grading & student information systems

I'm in the midst of rolling out a more "standards-based" way of reporting grades to my high school math students and their parents. The iss…

Started by Matt Townsley

2 Apr 10, 2009
Reply by Matt Townsley

Giving up A's and B's for 4's and 3's - a good idea?

Standards-based grading makes the NY Times. Is this a good idea? How does technology/web 2.0 fit in?

Started by Matt Townsley

5 Mar 26, 2009
Reply by Matthew Allen

RSS

Win at School

Commercial Policy

If you are representing a commercial entity, please see the specific guidelines on your participation.

Badge

Loading…

Follow

Awards:

© 2024   Created by Steve Hargadon.   Powered by

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service